The Becoming Myth


"The Becoming Myth", 2004
oil line etch, aquatint, hard ground
edition of 10 (4 left)
10 x 12 inches

This is a ten state copper plate etching that I made in 2004 in the UC Santa Cruz printmaking studio while earning my bachelors degree in fine art. The line based, abstracted, over-lapping reality fields established in this piece have been a recurring motif in my work over the last six years. I felt that I should share this piece now, to establish the relationship between the automatic drawings that I have been making in the studio and at the "Live Art Wednesday" events, work that deals with the communication that occurs between self and other, memory and experience, intuition and reason, symbol and sign, becoming and being...the art of drawing mimeographs movement of information between these abstract loci...and, emerging from this process, worlds...
Please contact jq@jordanquintero.comfor purchase inquiries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions Of A Mid Career Artist