Animus


Animus: that which moves matter. Will.

This work is about origination. About movement, and beginning to move, and how it continues. There is anxiety, living in a late age,
a feeling as if it may stop.

Do we think or feel our way away from the doom,

reason and act? React? Or submit?

Painting for me is an action against the doom.

Much like that can go into madness. It is a vain and brutal thing to do, actually, paint. In some respects.

I happen to work across a variety of media, following a trail of accidents waiting to happen, I like their smell. I like failure. It is beautiful and triumphant to me.

These works fail, and are about failure.
)But that is the beautiful thing.(

These works triumph, and are about compassion.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions Of A Mid Career Artist