Labor Interests: Words: 1st draft

This is a project.

Painting. Drawing. Same thing.

Painting (which shall indicate making pices of stuff with stuff on then to sell to people to put in their houses. I know. Crazy. Right?)

ANYWAY.

State.

So. The profound thing to say is

Painting is like like the dao. In that it is a thing that has no beginning and know end. That is formless, yet contains all forms.

It is a metaphor for being and existence (to paraphrase some french guy to impress a girl ;)

sigh

It takes so much time and money. Well, I am spending so much time and money. But I feel that it is necessary and completely within the bounds of reason to meet the demands of the things with stuff on them that tec t that I want to make demand of me) to demand of me

(R.D. Lang

Anyway/

pictures are like money. completely imaginary, but there they are.

learned.

so.

I make pictures. The things with no beginning etc. Lately, I've been using a lot of lines. But what I really want for there to be is olor. Lines are cheaper.

Do what you can with what you got. I learned that from women.

I do it for the ladies. They have raised me, nurtured me, held me. I give thanks to all the women in my life. A lot of my pictures look like you. You are on my mind a lot. You give form to the formless ness. Etc.

and so.

These pictures are about being things with stuff (we'll call them marks) on them, that are a reocrding of the thing with no beginning and no end. Happening. Good picture objects don't be, they exist. In that, they are happening.

So, the pictures are happening to be, and they begin to resemble, and then you choose that hich they resemble. And you work towards that. The whole time remembering that they are not, they are happening to be. But you strive and you struggle, and the movement happens. And it is colorful.

So. That is how I make art. Like that.

So much for the process.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions Of A Mid Career Artist