No Pictures

It's funny when, how, given enough time, and distance, ideas can just crystallize in the mind, they emerge, following a written (drawn) structure, ineffably certain; maddeningly clear.

My paintings are about space. I am interested in space. In how it is constructed, in how we perceive it. And how shapes of it define what is and what is not. I am fascinated by the political implications of space, and the psychological. And it is this thing, this noun, this obtuse, effusive noun, that drives me to make my pictures the way I do.

See

I make records of movements. These records are always threatening, in my experience, to dissolve into unorganized conglomerations (re: my studio, truck, etc) of junk: meaningless. Detritus. Chaos. The human will, with it's disposable, no, opposable thumb and soaring visual capacity and preoccupation with the future (re: fear), cannot exist, has no reality, without them, these records of movements, but they must be actuated, they must mean. And the stick figures begin.

I draw stick figures because I am afraid of the dark. Listen, I'm trying o explain...

more words (and pictures) forthcoming

jq

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions Of A Mid Career Artist