Not super bright.

It flew into the kitchen through the back door. It flew around for hours banging its head on the ceiling. I tried to guide/chase it out with a broom. I tried to lure it down with an open honey bear to the window sill and then, theoretically, out. To no avail.

I left it to fly around bumping its head on the ceiling for another couple hours.

I felt bad for it.

Then I caught it using my laundry hamper and a baseball hat, and I took it outside, and it flew up to the jasmine flowers and took a long drink, really, that I deserved.

But I just watched it, and refrained from drinking, and refrained from smoking cigarettes, and got my camera and took a picture of it.

I realized yesterday that hummingbirds are not super bright.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions Of A Mid Career Artist